Senior Full Stack DeveloperJanuary 02, 2024
Joining our R&D team might be one of the best ways to develop new skills as a software engineer.
We work in small teams with simple yet efficient processes that include peer code reviews, maintaining project documentation, and minimal reporting. You’ll be dealing with a flow of relatively small projects that usually take up to six months to complete by a team of 1-3 engineers. Most of the time, you’ll be working on one primary project at a time, but occasional switches to support previous projects may happen. So far, everything has been built by LeanyLabs from scratch, including our convenient seed project that helps get things started quickly. We’re pretty strict with the tech stack: TypeScript, Node.js + React.js in the core, preferably AWS deployment and PostgreSQL database. Usually, the team has control over choosing the best technologies. Most applications also include some integration with exciting third-party systems and APIs.
You will be expected to take projects end-to-end, from the discovery and estimation phase to deployment, ongoing monitoring, and support.
Our clients vary from small businesses needing a tool to get things done or develop a small product MVP to well-known unicorns requiring custom systems to automate their processes further. Either way, we prefer dynamic startups and their culture over digging into the enormous ancient enterprise software and endlessly attending pointless meetings.
LeanyLabs is a team of professionals, so we have near-zero bureaucracy and heavily invest in learning.
- Willingness to take ownership of own work and the entire project
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience starting projects from scratch and deploying them to production
- Upper-Intermediate English level
Will be a bonus
- Leadership experience
- An urge for direct communication with the clients
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Sequelize or another ORM
- AWS knowledge (we use ECS/ECR/ALB/S3/CloudFront/Lambda/SNS/SQS)
- Understanding of TypeScript strengths and weaknesses
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Engaging in all aspects of release cycles, including requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review
- Designing application architecture
- Designing and developing REST APIs
- Writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Solving challenging tasks
- Regular communication with the client
- Mentoring other developers
- Peer-to-peer code reviews
- Occasionally participating in pre-sales
- Leading the development process when needed
Feel free to reach out to us for more details, or send your CV to email@example.com, and be surprised how quickly we’ll get back to you.